A regular dental check-up is vital as they help keep your teeth and gums healthy. You should visit your dentist at least every 6 months or as advised by your dentist.
In case you have any concerns about dental check-up, please feel free to give us a call.
What Happens During a Dental Check-up?
At each check-up, your dentist should:
- examine your teeth, gums and mouth
- ask about your general health and any oral issue you have had since your last visit
- ask about, and provide recommendations on, your diet, smoking and alcohol use, and teeth-cleaning habits
- discuss a date for your next visit
What Should You Do Between Check-ups?
It is important to take care of your teeth and gums between regular dental visits. Plaque is always forming on your teeth hence regular flossing and brushing daily is critical to remove it. Here are some tips for good oral care at home.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Floss daily.
- Use a mouthwash to help control plaque bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
Why Do You Need a Dental Check-up?
A check-up allows your dentist to see if you have any dental issues and helps you keep good oral health. Untreated oral issues could make them more difficult to treat in the future. Hence it is best to treat the problems early or if possible, prevent them from occuring.
The Benefits of Regular Dental Check-up
Looking after your teeth is essential to your overall health and wellbeing. From preventing tooth decay to spotting oral cancer, a visit to your dentist may well offer more benefits than you expect. These include: